Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Complacency's Ugly Face Has Shown In My Mirror

I am becoming increasingly concerned with how I spend my time. This all started with the new year and the passing of a friend. But this concern is becoming frustration. And I only have myself to blame. I have stumbled through these last two years with a level of complacency I had never imagined myself capable of. I now stand before myself in mirror, a reflection of that apathy.

I fear my job has much to do with it. Food running had been a mindless job with good pay that I could lean on without much worry. Having time and money to do whatever I like, for the most part. But instead of using them to further myself, I dug myself deeper into this hole of indifference. And now, after changing jobs within the company, I have lost some of that time and much of that money. Another wise move by me.

And the only solution I have been able to think of is to look forward, past the James and Primehouse. How am I going to accomplish that step with the job market as it is, and with my constant barrage of bills? I'm not entirely sure. I just know that I need to make some real changes in my life to better it, even if it may be worse at first. I need money to do the things I want to do and go the places I'd like to go. But there are things I should be doing in Chicago. And if I'm not doing those things in my present situation, I need to reassess.

Until I find another opportunity, or another presents itself to me, I will remain at Primehouse. But now I will use it to build towards something greater. Because if I don't, whats the use in staying?

No comments: